Pasifika women are being celebrating as part of the annual Women of Influence Awards 2021.
There are 10 categories for the awards that recognise the achievement of women in various sectors from business, arts, health, science, education, public policy, governance, and community. The awards highlight the stories of women who are making a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
The Women of Influence Awards have been running since 2013.
- Qiane Matata-Sipu, founder and CEO of Nuku
- Ngaire Fuata, Director of Suxpix Ltd, Producer of Tagata Pasifika and General Manager of SunPix Post
- Agnes Loheni, Director Mena International
- Leilani Tamu, Pacific Manager of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Debbie Sorenson, Chief Executive of Pasifika Medical Association and Pasifika Futures Ltd ( Winner 2019 Public Policy)
- Jody Jackson-Becerra, Creative Director
Past winners include: Parris Goebel, Aigagalefili Fepulea’i Tapua’i, Tupe Solomon-Tanoa’i, Luamanuvao Dame Winnie Laban and Tapu Misa. The Awards ceremony will take place in February 2022
See the full list of 2021 finalists here.
Image Credit: (clockwise from left) nukuwomen.co.nz official, scoop.co.nz, womenofinfluence.co.nz, Ngaire Fuata official, Parliament of New Zealand