As a New Zealand registered company Pasifika Wire Ltd has obligations under New Zealand’s Privacy Act 2020.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained for.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to supplement, correct, have deleted or blocked your personal data whenever you wish.
- If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent and to have your personal data deleted.
- Right to transfer your data: you have the right to request all your personal data from the controller and transfer it in its entirety to another controller.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your data. We comply with this, unless there are justified grounds for processing.
The website pasifikawire.com passively collects meta-data from your interactions with the web site. This includes but is not limited to:
- The time and date of your access
- The IP address you are accessing from
- The type of device and web browser software you are using to do the access
- The screen resolution of your device, possibly including the dimensions of your web browser window.
Some personal data might be actively collected if you interact with any Facebook enabled applications on this site.
If you are a New Zealand citizen you can request that we provide you a copy of all personally identifiable data we have about you so that you can verify that it is complete and accurate. Due to increasing global privacy legislation and treaties as well as Internet infrastructure hosting jurisdiction issues, you may be able to request this process regardless of your country of origin and this will be considered on a case by case basis.
If you are a New Zealand citizen, or a Facebook user who has interacted with apps on this site that have posted to Facebook on your behalf, you have the right to request any personally identifiable data held by us about you be deleted and we will comply with that request, unless we believe the request is being made to avoid law enforcement.
In the event of a data breach we believe may cause serious harm to you, we will attempt to notify you of such breach as well as initiating the notification process outlined by the New Zealand Privacy Commission.
If you wish to dispute any decision Pasifika Wire Ltd makes about your data you can take recourse through the New Zealand Privacy Commission.